[GRLUG] Two Gnome Contractors Required

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 08:49:57 EST 2010

I thought some of you might be interested in this job posting from
Jono Bacon Canonical:

Two Gnome Contractors Required

We are currently looking for two paid home-based contractor positions
in Europe or the USA to come and work at Canonical to write some
upstream code to help GNOME applications fit into the full Ubuntu
desktop experience. This is an awesome opportunity for talented GNOME
developers and a a great way to dip your feet into the Ubuntu
development team. The roles involve these elements:

Responsibilities

    * Create patches for GNOME Desktop applications to provide
complete integration with the Ubuntu desktop experience
    * Work with upstreams on planning and creating packages
    * Work with upstreams to get patches integrated upstream
    * Fix integration related bugs and other bugs

Skills

    * Ability to hack in C and Python
    * Experience with bzr, git, and other concurrent versioning systems
    * Experience with launchpad and bugzilla bug tracking
    * Social skills needed to interact with upstreams and Ubuntu teams
    * Ability to set work schedule and systematically report on status

If you are interested, we are looking to fill these roles ASAP, so
email me at jono AT ubuntu DOT com ASAP and I will forward you on to
the right people.

Original posting here:
http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/01/13/two-gnome-contractors-required/

--