[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - Google chrome

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:51:02 EST 2010

On 01/11/2010 09:11 AM, Bob Kline wrote:
> Anyone using Google chrome, and
> if so, have you seen any problems?
>
> I've been using it for a few days now,
> and am mostly interested in the
> robustness under load.  i.e., I like to
> have lots of tabs open.  I have seen
> Firefox start to get cranky after about
> 15 tabs.  Slow down, stop for a while.
> As suggested by the architecture,
> chrome starts a new process for each
> tab, which make me think it might be
> more robust.
>
>    -- Bob

I was a chrome user for a couple of months on Linux and Windows.  I have
since stopped on all platforms for 2 reasons.

1)  Cannot add SSL exceptions.  I use a lot of self signed certs for
vm's and this is a pain.

2) Using the Xmarks Bookmark Sync, Chrome shuffled and retagged all myy
bookmarks.  I had a huge collection really get mangled and was not happy
to have to clean up.  Back in FF3, there was duplicatiion and mixing by
strange properties after syncing with chrome.

I'm done with it, regardless of how fast it is.  It also gived fckeditor
fits in my wiki.  The speed is only good if the output is correct.