[GRLUG] Fedora login/logout scripts

Godwin godwin at grandrapids-lug.org
Mon Jan 4 17:30:59 EST 2010

Man, I think I setup NIS/NFS a loooong time ago...  Haven't tried LDAP.  I'd
say NFS is better than rsyncing large dirs over wireless any day.

 If you wanted to execute something at login, I bet you could add it to
".bashrc".  Not sure about logout.   I think I sent a sample script to the
list years ago for someone who wanted to SMBmount something at logon...  I
don't have it, but maybe some one (or some archive) does.  ;-)    I essence
you write the script and (in Gnome) add it to [like] startup services or
startup scripts.  {I'm not in front of my PC, but that's how I got "tilda"
to launch at logon}.

...otherwise mounting NFS [at system level] for home dirs should work.

G-

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Eric Hartwell <eric at erichartwell.net> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> I'm running local ldap authentication. I have 2 clients and 1 server. One
> client is wireless. I want to NFS home directories to both clients. Would it
> be better (more efficient) to rsync home directories at login/logout time or
> nfs mount individual home directories at login? I need to know what the
> login/logout scripts are for fedora.
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> - eah

Ubber::Geek