[GRLUG] Linux and MS Exchange.

peyeps at iserv.net peyeps at iserv.net
Sat Feb 27 09:51:30 EST 2010

I've never tried Evolution for MS Exchange.   I believe it uses Mono, and
I have a philosophical problem with Mono in that we don't know what kind
of hammer MS might use if you get tangled with that.  If you read their
promise not to sue, it is rather limited.

But enough, I've preferred Thunderbird.  I don't know how well Evolution
works with Exchange, and I've not tried Thunderbird with Exchange either.

Enough of what I haven't done.  What I have done is simply forwarded all
email received on the Exchange email account I need to use to a Google
account.  I don't use any other Exchange functionality, so this works fine
for me.  The down side to this is I haven't the faintest idea how full the
exchange mailbox may be.   The other option of course is Microsofts Web
Client for exchange.  That is if it is turned on.

Of course Google reads all that mail.  How else could it select relevant
advertising based on email content.  And anything you send in email is of
course available via google to law enforcement.  Same for hotmail for that
matter, and I assume for Yahoo mail.  So assume it is being read.