[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - Google fiber

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Feb 12 07:31:32 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 01:06:49AM -0500, Bob Kline wrote:
> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/10-Reasons-Why-a-Google-Fiber-Network-Could-Reshape-the-ISP-Landscape-732801/
>
> A good set of points showing why Google's fiber effort could be a good
> thing.  As it is, Comcast and others simply want to milk the existing
> system - bandwidth tiers, monthly byte limits - all within the same,
> tired system.  i.e., there is is no real competition at this point.
>
>   -- Bob

I don't know that I'd trust Google.  They're an advertising company.
They can already tell what I had for breakfast based on the web sites I
visit in the morning.  That's scary.  If they have access to my entire
stream....yikes.

And remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not
watching you.
--
john-thomas
------