[GRLUG] "real men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ; ) "

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 17:38:06 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How much data are "we" talking about?
> Right now a lump backup of Rosetta Code's interesting data hovers around 1GB.

1GB is peanuts. If you don't want to rsync it to your home system for
some reason, then you could ship your tarballs to Amazon S3 for
$0.15/GB/mo storage and $0.15/GB transfer. Even if you keep every
backup for a year you're talking about less than $20 for a year.
Rackspace has a similar service.

--
  Ben Rousch
  brousch at gmail.com