[GRLUG] laptops

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Feb 4 09:33:41 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 09:02 -0500, Topher wrote:
> I'm going to be in the market for a laptop soon. I've used Dell for many
> years now with good success (fedora, ubuntu, and arch).  A friend resells
> asus, so I thought I'd take a look around.
>
> Anyone have opinions on Asus' full sized laptops?

Our PC jockey just pawned his off for a Toshiba.  While it was OK it
just wasn't of the greatest build quality.

> Anything amazingly cool out there that I'm not thinking of?

Nothing beats a Toshiba.  My P105-S6207 is a couple years old now but
(a) everything works and pretty much always has, (b) performance is
great, and (c) it is still holding up well after 8 - 10 yours of use 5 -
6 days a week.
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @