[GRLUG] Open Source

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:26:57 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Ben DeMott <ben.demott at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my favorite things about open source projects are code comments...
> If anyone else has any *gems* they can think of pass them on.

Any Google Code search for "WTF" or more verbose forms of profanity.

> "It accomplishes said feat thus: It measures an image and assumes that
> they’re all the same dimensions (which they should, otherwise wtf are you
> trying to do?)"

I came across one of my own, recently, in a failsafe assert:
// Whatever you did, don't!

Other interesting ones are warning messages like:
"Heartbeat flatlined"

I'm afraid my appreciation for wordplay and puns is very visible in
code I've written.