[GRLUG] sysadmin job opening

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:33:45 EST 2010

On 2/1/2010 11:16 AM, Bob Kline wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com
> <mailto:mikemol at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2/1/2010 11:02 AM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
>      > At 10:43 AM 2/1/2010 -0500, you wrote:
>
>      > PHP is not bad in itself, *some* projects or implementations are
>     just known
>      > to be poorly maintained or badly designed; if there IS a problem
>     with PHP,
>      > it's that there is no structure to force good programming practices.
>
>     You can't force bad programmers to be good programmers; You can only
>     make it easier for others to read and fix their code.
>
> Which some will argue is what constitutes
> good code.   Maintainability.

Maintainability is having something work for so long, you forgot you
ever wrote/built it. :)

(Only semi-serious; It's rarely possible to not have design requirements
shift out from under you.)

> And often enough even quick and dirty
> code is enough to prove concept, after
> which something "better" can be written.

Reminds me of something I want to put on fundraising items for Rosetta
Code...The phrase "My pseudocode is written in language X", in various
langauges.  For example:

my $pseudocode;