[GRLUG] Experiences with DVR's

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 15:03:12 EST 2010

I am looking at replacing my ageing Tivo Series II, Mainly because we now
have an HDTV and the Tivo will only record in SD.

Do any of you use a homebrew DVR?  I'm just wondering if it is as reliable
as the Tivo.  Having the extra functions of MythTV or XBMC like video and
music playing from a server would be a great plus, but the main function
would be to schedule shows to be recorded.

If it won't update schedules or record reliably, I'd probably just get the
newest Tivo.

Share and Enjoy
Ben