[GRLUG] Linux Trends for the new year

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Dec 31 11:20:11 EST 2010

Happy New Year to all!

We have been long-term users of OpenSuSE for two reasons:

1) I used to teach Novell/SuSE classes
2) I prefer international distros for less DRM and DOD hassles

With Novell now dying, will the trend then be away from the market share
that SuSE does have to RH? Will Mono die? How does Attachmate fit in the
Linux marketplace?

Related questions - since it appears that Oracle is focusing on 'cloud'
office services, will everyone be forced to transition to LibreOffice?
What about MySQL?

If anyone's crystal ball has cleared this holiday season, please share!

	Lee