[GRLUG] !Linux-periodic dns failure

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:36:30 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Bill Littlejohn <billl at mtd-inc.com> wrote:
>> Currently, any anonymous edit on rosettacode.org's wiki pop up a
>> CAPTCHA, as will account creation. Does your hosted Barracuda solution
>> prevent you from getting through those?
>
> I haven't had any issues with those. I don't block proxies specifically.
> I do block known malware and virus sites, and porn sites. That's it.

By keyword, or by explicit domain?  The word 'sex' appears in our API
key, and that's what triggers the site filters I've had reported
problems of; any software that simply looks for matching string
sequences in HTTP GET URIs triggers on that three-letter subsequence.
If they haven't whitelisted api.recaptcha.net, the CAPTCHA processing
gets blocked.