[GRLUG] Google DNS

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 08:59:53 EDT 2010

 I don't see too many speed drops, maybe because I don't stress the
connection all that often.  I get crazy speed early Sunday morning,
but middling all others times I have tried speed test.

The only reason I think it is the DNS service, when it really doesn't
make sense that DNS would cause one part of the page will load and
another part won't, is that switching back to Comcast DNS totally
fixed the issues.  I think Google might store the you tube videos on
different server from the youtube page, the map tiles on a different
server than maps.google.com, and some scripts for gmail as well.

Share and Enjoy
Ben