[GRLUG] xorg.conf

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Aug 3 09:43:55 EDT 2010

Has anyone an understanding of the 'new' operation of [missing] xorg.conf?

Just installed OpenSuSE 11.3, .. and there is no xorg.conf in
/etc/X11. From the comments I'm seeing,xorg.conf seems to no longer be
used?

Assuming that is correct, how in the heck is one supposed to maintain
configuration options? Key/button mappings on an input device (e.g.
trackball)? I had a devil of a time getting my Kensington Expert Mice to
work in 11.0, but they do not operate properly with 11.3 and there seems
to be now way to adjust the operation.

	TIA,

	Lee