[GRLUG] windoz - NOT LINUX

topher at t1kdevelopment.com topher at t1kdevelopment.com
Wed Apr 7 19:50:56 EDT 2010

> It does read the information from a
> DVD, so unless it's using some kind
> backward compatibility mode,  it seems
> to be a DVD unit.  I wouldn't bet the
> farm on it though.

Windows doesn't come with the ability to play DVDs any more than Linux
does.  That's why you can buy stuff like WinDVD (which is actually a
really nice player even for media files).

VLC does a pretty good job with deCSS, but in general I don't like it.
WinDVD plays dvds a lot better in Windows.  In Linux I'm *really* liking
Smplayer these days.  It's a fantastic front end for mplayer.