[GRLUG] windoz - NOT LINUX

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:54:07 EDT 2010

Seconding VLC.

DVD-ROM drives have a generic interface, and the commands for querying
the CSS keys are the same across them, but one either needs licensed
player software (which will have its own key), or a player which can
crack or brute the key, such as VLC.

To be doubly-clear, though, this is a *DVD* drive, not a *BD* drive?
Blu-Ray playback has a different set of rules.