[GRLUG] Amerisure ditches its PCs, goes all virtual

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:35:25 EDT 2010

I know at Alticor they use / are testing a combination of
Thin-Clients, Vmware Application Emulation, and Citrix... basically
allowing them to use a thin-client and swap-in/out any version of any
program, while keeping the users profile 'roaming' and valid.
In concept this sounds like a great idea - but the complexity involved
to manage and track down bugs... Plus the limitations it imposes on
the use of software is incredible.