[GRLUG] LINUX and NOT LINUX

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 20:22:48 EDT 2009

I have a "CanoScan LiDE 100".  Sounds
like it should work.  What version of Linux
are you using?

One comment on the sane-canon630u
man page:

       "Due to Canon's unwillingness to  provide  scanner  documentation,  this
       software was developed by analyzing the USB traffic of the Windows 2000
       driver.  So things like the calibration procedure I kind of made up; it
       seems to work for my scanner.  If you have complaints, let me know."

Looks to me as though someone has done
a lot of work.

    -- Bob