[GRLUG] Question for Adam (but relevant to the list)

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Sep 4 15:32:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 15:27 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> Going to try OpenGroupWare, probably start on it today.  Which
> implementation would you recommend?

I use the v5.5 Objective-C development [trunk] repo for production work.
I believe the Java (OGo/J) <http://code.google.com/p/ogoj/>  is only of
interest to developers at this point.  COILs
<https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/coils/> is too young to be of much
interest to anyone.  The real functionality as a server is primarily
only available in the Objective-C code base at this point.  I threw up
recent build instructions [since I assume *you* are building from
source :)] @
<http://mail.opengroupware.org/pipermail/users/2009-August/019368.html>

Applications have been developed using OGo/J, but not being a Java guy I
don't track it that closely and AFAIK all those apps have been
proprietary.

Note that there is some confusion:  there is OpenGroupware (OGo) and
Scalable OpenGroupware (SOGo),  there are entirely different animals.