[GRLUG] Cloud VMs, Hosting, & CMSs [Was: NOT LINUX - broadband]

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:21:18 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM, John J. Foerch<jjfoerch at earthlink.net> wrote:
>  The nice thing about this setup is that it makes the website testable
> before you publish it.  I always try to build testability into my
> websites, aiming for zero down-time.

It's worth pointing out that your compiled website is analogous to
using a Squid accelerator cache without an object expiry date, and
where one has configured Squid to ignore anything that might tell it
not to cache something.

To that end, you might be able to use Squid (or any accelerator cache)
to "compile" your site by requesting every page and link via wget -m
or similar, and then transferring Squid's state to the remote server.

I don't know anyone who's used an accelerator cache to do something
like that, though.