[GRLUG] Dual-screen laptop.

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Sep 3 09:20:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 09:00:08AM -0400, john-thomas richards wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 10:22:45PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> > Slick.
> >
> > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6105506/Dual-screen-laptop-on-sale-by-Christmas.html
> >
> > --
> > :wq
>
> >From the gizmodo article linked therein is this gem, "The plan is

Now this is interesting.  I use vim within mutt to compose messages.
When I began to insert the above text it appeared green (the same as the
quoted text from the message to which I was responding).  If I inserted
any character—including a space—before the "F" it appeared white, just
as (in my color scheme) my text usually does.  But here mutt is quoting
my first line, indicating it is part of the original message
(Michael's).  That makes me wonder how mutt distinguishes between the
many layers of quoted material.  In a given thread there can be several
layers of messages, which mutt dutifully marks with > or > > or > > >,
etc.  Anyone know what's happening here?  I just assumed mutt guessed
that anything that didn't have a > in front of it was the new material
and responding to it required putting a > in front of the text to
distinguish it from the reply.
--
john-thomas
------