[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - broadband

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Sep 2 18:04:59 EDT 2009

> >> Why install a DSL Circut when you can force business customers to pay
> >> 8 -  10 times the amount for T1's.
> > T1s don't cost anything near 8 - 10 times as much as an equivalent DSL
> > connections.  You can get T1 connections for sub-$200 a month.
> Including the SLA that comes with them?!

Sure.  I think our lowest cost T1 is something like $189.

BTW, what is the SLA for your DSL connection? :)

Not that collecting for downtime [or even billing errors] from a telco
is ever easy.  You need to be prepared to fight like a rabid dog;
including just taking a lawn chair and sitting in front of the
building's entrance.