[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - broadband

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Sep 2 16:38:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 04:31:24PM -0400, John J. Foerch wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 03:56:42PM -0400, john-thomas richards wrote:
[snip]
> > > Of course Comcast would figure out some way
> > > to screw it up.  One really wants Verizon, but
> > > that's nowhere on the horizon.   That I know of,
> > > FiOS tiers are 25, 50, and 100 Mbps, and the
> > > prices are pretty nominal compared to what
> > > one gets from Comcast.  $35 a month for 25 Mbps
> > > I believe.
> > >
> > >     -- Bob
> >
> > Just keep telling ourselves, "it's coming...it's coming..."
>

> And send some of that over this way to Lowell Township while you're at it.
> :)
>
> --
> John Foerch

I honestly do not know what I would do with more bandwidth.  Faster
upload would be great, but I don't run a server.  Backing up to my
online backup would be more convenient, that's all.  I have the basic
speed (8Mbps?) from Comcast and my wife and I can both watch something
from hulu.com just fine.  I'm not sure what more speed would get me.
Not that I wouldn't love it, mind you, I just don't know what I'd do
with it.
--
john-thomas
------