[GRLUG] LVM Data Recovery

Jim Olding olding at smashtech.net
Thu Oct 22 12:33:17 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Jerry Groendyke
<jgroendyke at charter.net> wrote:
> I had a failed LVM recently and found the same article at Linux Journal.  I
> was only to able find and recover one of my Volume Groups.  I built a new
> server and added the replaced drive and original drive.  Then I went through
> each step but ended up skipping lists 3-6.

I was able to bring the LVM up in partial mode.  xfs_check seems to
recognize that something XFS related is there, but xfs_repair -n
complains that no superblocks could be found, and refuses to run.
I'll probably spend some more time on it tonight, but some of the
forum posts I've come across paint a grim picture for recovering
anything.  Thanks everyone for the suggestions.