[GRLUG] New Ubuntu Student Lab with MultiseatX

Colin Uhen callinyouin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:20:25 EDT 2009

In a multiseat Xorg environment, each physical "workstation" (monitor,
mouse, keyboard) has its own X server. I haven't set this up myself, but
I've thought about doing this instead of just a dual-monitor setup (using
two keyboards and mice in seperate locations). With a whole computer lab, I
can see there being a very complicated and long xorg.conf file. How did you
manage to sort through all of the input devices?
Not Ubuntu related, but Arch wiki has a good article on this:
here<http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_multiseat#What_is_multiseat.3F>
(Long time reader, first poster. :)

-Colin

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org