[GRLUG] New Ubuntu Student Lab with MultiseatX

Darrin Sculley darrin at sculley.cc
Thu Oct 1 10:50:54 EDT 2009

All,
First posting to this mailing list.  Hello!  Hope to meet you all at the
September meeting when its scheduled (or next meeting).

Newbie to Linux, so be patient with me.  Lots of PC experience, but not with
Linux.

Looking to share stories.  This past year, I helped the school that my
children attend to switch to Linux.  New lab, with 32 seats.  MultiseatX
with Ubuntu 9.04 connected to a Ubuntu server.  Very challenging and fun to
build the computers and get Multiseat working.

Has anyone else out there tried Multiseat?

I would be glad to share specifics about hardware and configuration choices,
if the group is interested.

Darrin