[GRLUG] #grlug on freenode is moderated

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:48:31 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> Possibly this is mzuverink at gmail.com?  That is a Michigan Ubuntu person.
> Probably just another weird Ubuntu evangalism thing: he clearly needed
> to save all of us, moderate all IRC channels and mail lists until there
> is no form of communication other than the Ubuntu channel and wiki.

Per FreeNode's policy, #grlug should be officially representative of
whatever "grlug" represents.  ##grlug would prepresent an unofficial
channel.

Since the LUG actually has a legal entity, it's possible to reclaim
the channel by having someone who officially represents the LUG
talking to FreeNode staffers. I wouldn't suggest me; I seem to have a
black mark due to a k-line a year or two ago.  Ideally, it would be
someone on the charter. >.>