[GRLUG] Offer to Host Meeting

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 08:57:20 EST 2009

> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Darrin Sculley <darrin at sculley.cc> wrote:
>

>> I am willing to host any future meeting at the school location that I
>> mentioned earlier in posts which involved a complete replacement of M$
>> clients and servers with Linux (Ubuntu) including a new computer lab with
>> multi-seat (4 heads with one PC).  I got OK from the school (in Byron
>> Center) to host a meeting.

This is great, count me in!

>> Let me know the parameters and I will compose an invite.  I will provide
>> refreshments and can provide a demonstration of a bare-metal install of the
>> multi-seat (abbreviated to save time by pre-loading the OS and pre-writing
>> the config files) if that is of interest as well...
>>
>> Darrin

I've been following the list for a couple of years, and it looks to me like
there is no formal leader or head of the GRLUG. There are some Great Old
Ones that maintain the virtual assets (wiki, mailing list, and DNS), but
meetings are irregular in time and space. It appears that anyone who wants
to organize a meeting is welcome to do so, but the onus is on him or her to
arrange the details. I have been unable to discern a pattern to the previous
meeting times (maybe Tue | Wed | Thu of the second week of a month), so even
that is totally up to you.

I'd suggest you pick a date and time that works well for you, then send a
list of things with which you'd like some help.

--
 Ben Rousch
 brousch at gmail.com
 http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/