[GRLUG] I'm annoyed at SourceForge

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Tue May 19 12:13:20 EDT 2009

Steve Romanow wrote:
> I think sf's days are numbered.

So as of a few months ago, I've been working at SourceForge.  I'm not on
the SF.net team proper, but familiar with what they're working on.  We
realize there is a lot of good competition from google code, github, etc.

Did you know SourceForge launched support for git, hg, and bzr
repositories a few months ago?  We also have been integrating a lot of
"hosted apps".  That is, the bug tracker, forums, etc that are part of
SF suck, so you can one-click install Trac, WordPress, MediaWiki, phpBB,
etc for your project.

http://apps.sourceforge.net/wordpress/sourceforge/2009/03/11/bazaar-and-mercurial-scm-services-launched/

http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Hosted%20Apps

And as for the approval process, I'm not sure how that works.  Let us
know if it doesn't get approved when you remove the "rosettacode.org"
references.  My guess would be too many links triggers a spam filter.

Dave Brondsema : dave at brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming
               <><