[GRLUG] NEXT GRLUG Meeting Tuesday JUNE 2nd

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:29:34 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Mol wrote:
>>
>> Do we REALLY need a presentation format? I was hoping for a much less
>> formal, less structured meeting environment; Everyone on this list has
>> their own experiences and insights, and it's a lot easier (and more
>> fun) to interact and extract these experiences in a coffee-table
>> format than a presenter-audience format.
>>

> Michaels thoughts have merit.  (asbestos undies on) Is this the
> beginning of the post-modern emergent lug?

(Be careful not to give yourself prostate cancer...)

I'd like to suggest again meeting at a coffee shop, sitting around and
talking with each other outside of the context of "I'm here to listen
to X" or "I'm here to present to Y".  A local BBS I was part of did
this  on a Thursday night for about fifteen years as a social thing,
at it doubled as an avenue for exchange of computer knowledge. (I'm
not suggesting this be a regular thing, just something to try once or
twice and see what happens.)