[GRLUG] Firefox on an external drive

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:24:00 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Ben DeMott <ben.demott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doesn't Ubuntu mount your external media to /media automatically?
> Otherwise use the df command to see what drives are present, and then use
> the mount command to mount the drive if it isn't already.
> (mount with no arguments shows what is currently mounted)
>
> If it's not in /media (it should be in /mnt)

It depends on a couple things.  First, is Bob using fstab manually?
Is he using Ubuntu's GNOME automounter?  Is he using a version prior
to 9.04?

9.04 rearranged things such that GNOME's VFS subsystem is now
accessible to the rest of the Linux system.  I'm guessing they linked
it in via FUSE or some such.

An experiment: Create a .html file on your external disk, and
double-click on it in Nautilus.  What does Firefox then say the path
is?