[GRLUG] VirtualBox question

Adam M. Erickson adam at openfad.com
Fri Mar 6 11:46:20 EST 2009

> VirtualBox OSE does not appear to have USB support.  I am running the
> latest in Debian Squeeze (2.1.4_OSE).  I have the restore partition on a
> USB drive, ready to copy to the virtual drive, but I cannot access them.
> I am trying to figure out shared folders.  Once I have the files copied
> to the virtual drive, I am sure I won't have a problem.

The newest release seems to be the easiest to control USB
connectivity. You have to choose in advance what can be accessed by
the virtual system. If you do not select all or individual usb drives,
by name, they will not pick them up by the virtual system.

Make sure you installed the additional tools shared folders and will
not work with out it.

I like this new release you do not have to escape the mouse to use it
on the host system any more.

- Adam M. Erickson