[GRLUG] Figure this one out...

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Jul 30 13:34:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 13:29 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Michael Mol<mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hmm, are you sure it isn't merely the fact that the pts gets recycled?
> >
> > No.  Let me try forcing a separate set of PTYs.
>
> Forcing usage of different PTYs does not prevent the remote sudo cache
> from another logon session from being used.  In fact, I find that once
> one logon for a user authenticates to sudo, another concurrent login
> session for that user suddenly has cached authentication for using
> sudo.

Huh, that must be a sudo configuration thing because sudo-ing in one
session on my openSUSE workstation does not give any of my other
sessions passwordless-sudo-joy.

awilliam at linux-m3mt:~> sudo /bin/ls
1001.jpeg	   DownloadDirector	...

Open new gnome-terminal...

awilliam at linux-m3mt:~> sudo /bin/ls
root's password:

Maybe this is documented?  I've never looked at sudo docs.