[GRLUG] Linus: "Microsoft Hated is a Disease"

peyeps at iserv.net peyeps at iserv.net
Wed Jul 29 10:52:33 EDT 2009

I kind of got disappointed with Microsoft when they decided to sue Tom Tom.

They seem to be trying very hard to keep people from interfacing with
their operating system, except under their very limited, controlled,
revenue extracting conditions.

If they had released the VFat patent to open source, instead of suing Tom
Tom, I might trust them with Mono and running Linux on top of Windows.
(Why run Linux on Windows escapes me, but some people want to do it.)
Personally running Windows on Linux makes more sense.

My personal goal is it doesn't matter which operating system you use, the
program you run should be the same for the end user.