[GRLUG] keyboards

topher at wcsg.org topher at wcsg.org
Wed Jul 22 18:00:08 EDT 2009

This is a little convoluted, so please bear with me.

I recently bought Apple's smallest keyboard,
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB869LL/A?mco=NDIyNjYzMw

I use enlightenment as my window manager, and it has a nice gui for
mapping keys to bindings.  It can handle these meta keys:

CTRL
ALT
SHIFT
WIN
MOD3
MOD4
MOD5

As far as I can tell, the CMD key doesn't map to any of these, though I
could be wrong.

Anyone know how I could figure out what it is, and how to access it?  I'd
rather not use a gnome or KDE mapper, but something lower down, so it's
available to X, or at least E.

On that note, I have a Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite 2 that is probably for
sale.  Barring something unexpected, I'm done with it.  I paid $80 for it
I think, years ago.  These keys: w e r s d f x c v   occasionally don't
respond to keypress.  It happens to me about once a month, and I bang on
them for a few seconds and they're back.  I have NO idea why it does this.
It's PS2, not USB.

I'd like $10 for it, mostly because it mostly works and it's neato.  :)
It's black.

Topher