[GRLUG] python app speed

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:52:51 EDT 2009

Yeah many many many games use Python has a configuration language.
(Speaking from personal experience) - Games take too long to compile, so
changing things that have to be tweaked like AI takes FOREVER.
So instead you embed python into C/C++ and then modify the python.

Most DICE-developed games use Python as a configuration language.
(Battlefield2, Bad Company, Mirrors Edge, etc)