[GRLUG] Status of things

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:57:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Adam Tauno Williams <
awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:

> I'm the copyright holder - I can relicense it!  And I'm not opposed to
> doing so.  I just always clearly state a copyright and a license due to
> the fact that originally I didn't and subsequently was notified of a
> college professor using my presentations in his class and claiming them
> as his.... Oh the fun!

That really sucks.

At least if we hash these issues out now we won't have to stress out about
it so much next time. ;-)

> All I want for presentations is some attribution.

Stop being so reasonable! I can't tell by the tone of your email if you're
getting irritated by this, so let me say that one of the reasons I brought
up this discussion is to make sure everyone gets the attribution they want.
I don't see any reason that everyone can't be satisfied.

I currently have a two second opening and closing screen with the following
text:

OpenGroupware
Presented by Adam Tuano Williams
At the 8 July 2009
Grand Rapids Linux Users Group Meeting

This is easily modified and I can add an additional information screen. I
suggest adding a screen with a link to the original presentation, license
information, and whatever other attribution information you all would like.

--
 Ben Rousch
 brousch at gmail.com
 http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/