[GRLUG] Status of things

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 10:11:20 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Ben Rousch<brousch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone who has tried to edit video in Linux knows the exhausting process.
> If
> > I ever find a simple, stable, and powerful Linux video editor on par with
> > iMovie I will be sure to share the love with you all. At any rate, I can
> > edit and encode the videos and put them online. My G4 averages about one
> > hour to encode five minutes of DVD quality video. Hopefully it won't
> > explode.

Success! I was able to edit the first of the GRLUG videos using 100% Linux
software. Mencoder and Kino are the heroes. I will be putting together a
future demo on this wonderful technology.

Does the GRLUG have a server suitable for providing these videos over the
Internet? The XVid encoded version of the OpenGroupware presentation weighs
in at 312MB. I can make the video available via my BlogSpot blog and SmugMug
account, but it would be better if there was a more "official" location.

--
 Ben Rousch
 brousch at gmail.com
 http://ishmilok.blogspot.com/