[GRLUG] Looking for LDAP/ActiveDirectory coders.

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:27:58 EDT 2009

Since this was brought up I will make a comment ,should anyone else find it
useful ...

Microsoft doesn't mention *adsiedit.msc* very often but it is hands down one
of the best tools to learn how to turn the Proprietary mass of confusion
that is Active Directory into something interoperable and useful...

So anyone trying to integrate AD services or directory authentication / user
search into their business application that should be your first stop - it
is in general a good tool to learn how LDAP works, and naming conventions in
general.

I'm actually going to be diong some LDAP work with (what was formely known
as) Fedora Directory Server and using python's ldap interface for the first
time - not sure what you are looking for exactly but if you need some code
examples I would be happy to help ??