[GRLUG] monitor for sale

topher at wcsg.org topher at wcsg.org
Thu Jan 29 09:18:21 EST 2009

I have a LaCie Electron 22blue 22" CRT for sale.  eBay doesn't have any at
the moment, but this page says the average used price is $150.
http://catalog.ebay.com/LaCie-Electron-22blue-IV-Blue-Blue-22-inch-CRT-Monitor_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_pcatidZQQ_pidZ52105194QQ_tabZ2

I'll let mine go for $100.  It's in fantastic shape, and it's a really
really great monitor, especially for things where color really matters.
I have a 30" now, so I'm too good for it.  ;)

Anyway, if you can get around the fact that it weighs 85 pounds and may
actually be larger than my 7 year old, it's a great monitor.  It can do up
to 2048 x 1536 resolution, but that made my head hurt when I looked at it.
1600x1200 is really comfortable.

There's a good spec sheet here:
http://www.superwarehouse.com/LaCie_Electron_Blue_IV_22_CRT_Monitor_with_Hood/105516/ps/321936

It works great in Linux of course.

Nerd note, it has this:
Corner Purity Control: Eliminates picture impurities that may result from
the earth’s magnetic field. While in the sub-menus (TL: Top Left; TR: Top
Right; BL: Bottom Left; BR: Bottom Right; or L/R: Left/Right, use the -/+
control buttons to fine tune the Corner Purity corrections.

Let me know if you're interested.