[GRLUG] Need to buy printer

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Jan 26 13:55:17 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 01:48:14PM -0500, Casey DuBois wrote:
[snip]
> I have Several color printers and the issue is getting the cartridges,
> my latest purchase was an HP that I can get cartridges @ Meijer if
> necessary (24-hours) still the cartridges are pricey.
>
> Not personal experience but the Kodak Color printers seem to have a
> higher up front cost (200-250ish) but with $15 cartridges they may be
> an option.

Kodak has chosen to compete on price of cartridges.  My wife has a Kodak
All-in-One (printer, scanner, copier, photoprinter) for which the black
cartridge is only $9.99 and the color cartridge is $14.99.  The quality
is quite good.  Sadly, Kodak (per a customer service rep responding via
email) has no plans to support Linux.
--
john-thomas
------