[GRLUG] Need to buy printer

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Jan 26 13:34:50 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:18:04PM -0600, Matthew Lechleider wrote:
> Bob Kline wrote:
[snip]
> > Cartridge World,  1717 28th Street SW,
> > refills some cartridges, for 1/2 the new
> > price.  So does Walgreen.  Might make
> > sense to see which ones they fill before
> > buying anything - that's where the real
> > savings could be.
> >
> That was the best advise you will receive.
>
> Make sure you find a printer with cartridges that are cheap and widely
> available.
>
> The HP cartridges are available everywhere...Target, CVS, Walgreens,
> K-Mart, Best Buy, etc..

That is very good advice although I would take it a step further and say
spend a little more upfront (if necessary) to buy a laser printer.  The
cost per page difference is tremendous.  If you absolutely need color
then the price of a laser printer jumps but if black & white and a whole
bunch of shades of gray will suffice, you cannot beat a laser printer
for value.
--
john-thomas
------