[GRLUG] FOSS software for Storage Arrays

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jan 21 13:31:22 EST 2009

> I have a few SGI TP9300s storage arrays 2GB Fibre to SATA with
> proprietary software on them.
> Someone mentioned that there is FOSS software that I could load on
> them to make them useful.
> Anyone on the list know about this?

If they are just storage arrays I don't understand what you want to do.
A Fiber Channel storage array should be compatible with LINUX hosts
out-of-the-box provided they have FC adapters.  A quick search
<http://developer.novell.com/yes/80573.htm> shows that the SGI TP9300 is
even a certified compatible device.  You should be able to pickup a
QLA2342 FC card of E-Bay for less than $100 (probably more like $50).