[GRLUG] More blocking from comcast?

Collin Kidder adderd at kkmfg.com
Tue Jan 6 13:11:18 EST 2009

Disclaimer: I haven't bothered to really dig into this like I should.

Problem:  I don't seem to be able to connect to my business IMAP server
from my home over comcast cable internet. I can SSH into the box so I'm
not being totally blocked. I can view web pages on the box. SSL secured
imap (993 port) seems to do absolutely nothing. So far as I can tell
there is nothing wrong with the server and no real reason I shouldn't be
able to get access. I can access the mail over a webmail interface. This
has started within the past week. I know that I should be packet tracing
this to see what is happening but I haven't done that yet.

Would they really be evil enough to block port 993?