[GRLUG] Installing Linux w/out CD Drive.

Jason Kisner airplanejay at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 21:29:22 EST 2009

haha. Thanks for all the offers, but unfortunately I don't have a computer
that can run the discs, at all. I can explore the discs, but not run them. I
was hoping for a completely, or mostly, disc-less installation. Since the
discs are pretty much useless. And I'm not willing to pay the extra 30$ for
an external CD reader yet. Nor do I have a way over to Cornerstone,
unfortunately. :P

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM, <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:

> > USB flash drive as someone already mentioned or you can pull the HD out
> and
> > put it in an external case on another computer and install from CD that
> > way.
>
> I've installed Linux on a LOT of netbooks now, and an external USB cd rom
> drive is wonderful.  We played with installing from a USB stick, but it was
> hit and miss as to whether it would work.
>
> Pricegrabber show an HP for $32.63.
>
> In a pinch Jason, you could swing by my office sometime and do an install
> with my external drive.
>

> >> Rick

> Linpus
> and