[GRLUG] Installing Linux w/out CD Drive.

topher at wcsg.org topher at wcsg.org
Sat Feb 21 21:26:51 EST 2009

> USB flash drive as someone already mentioned or you can pull the HD out and
> put it in an external case on another computer and install from CD that
> way.

I've installed Linux on a LOT of netbooks now, and an external USB cd rom
drive is wonderful.  We played with installing from a USB stick, but it was
hit and miss as to whether it would work.

Pricegrabber show an HP for $32.63.

In a pinch Jason, you could swing by my office sometime and do an install
with my external drive.