[GRLUG] Ideas

peyeps at iserv.net peyeps at iserv.net
Tue Dec 15 14:32:10 EST 2009

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:58:12 -0500
> From: Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org>
> Subject: [GRLUG] Ideas
> To: grlug at grlug.org
>
> Hey GRLUG,
>
> I've been asked for the following:
>
> We are looking for a small box that has an analog video out port and a
> port for plugging in flash memory, either SD, or CF memory card.
> The memory card would hold either jpeg images which the box would play
> as a slide show with sound, or it would play video files (mpeg-1 or
> mpeg-2).

My Acer Aspire One has the card connections and a standard svga connection
out.

As far as playing is concerned, is the sound synchronized with the images,
or is it simply background music?

I believe VLC can be set up to auto start.  You can put the play list into
continuous mode for Movies or Audio.

As far as slide shows are concerned, if you simply set it up to
continuously play music, then used the slide show screen saver I would
guess you would be done.  No need to code anything special to simply show
image files.