[GRLUG] OT, but GPS, anyone?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Aug 26 11:53:49 EDT 2009

Got a project where we need to establish a true N indiation on a
stationary piece of equipment using a Linux host, .. if we had two GPS
units, say, 25' apart it would be trivial (take the differential between
the two readings and any positional errors cancel, producing a reference
vector that can then be corrected to true N).

Need to determine the *minimum* spacing between two units - don't
suppose anyone knows anything about this sort of technology, or could
point us in the right direction?

	TIA,

	Lee

 Leland V. Lammert            lvl at omnitec.net
  Chief Scientist        Omnitec Corporation
 Network/Internet Consultants www.omnitec.net