[GRLUG] BarCamp -- it's upon us!

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Fri Aug 21 09:39:08 EDT 2009

Hey GRLUG,

I was up late printing Name Tags for BarCamp and was surprised at how few of
my friends from GRLUG were registered.
There's going to be FREE T-Shirts, Food and even Drinks tonight.
Still time to register @ www.barcampgr.org
I look forward to seeing you there.

Casey

BarCamp starts tonight!  We're excited for another awesome BarCamp this
weekend.  (It's not too late to tell your friends; we'll be taking
registrations all day)

BarCamp is at Calvin College's DeVos Communication Center this year.
See http://www.calvin.edu/map/ and my custom directions at
http://bit.ly/iYMnM

If you're coming from a distance, check out
http://barcampgr.org/wiki/BarCampGrandRapids4CarPooling

The basic schedule is at
http://barcampgr.org/wiki/BarCampGrandRapids4Schedule  We'll fill out a
detailed schedule of presentation & discussion slots when we're there.
We'll provide food & drinks for Fri dinner, Sat breakfast, Sat lunch,
and snacks.

For those planning on staying on-campus overnight, bring a sleeping bag
and pad.  We'll just be on the floors in the rooms.  There are
bathrooms, but no showers, sorry.  If you have a van or something you
want to sleep in in the parking lot, that's fine too but the doors to
the building will be locked during the night.

And thanks to our sponsors for making the whole thing possible:
   * Calvin College Computer Science department
   * Idea Foundry
   * SourceForge
   * Elevator Up
         o Downstream
         o The Garage / The Factory
   * XP West MI
   * Atomic Object
   * Fusionary Media
   * JetBrains
   * RCM Technologies
   * Spearia
   * Rhoades McKee law firm

Thanks,
The BarCamp Grand Rapids organizing team