[GRLUG] gmailfs question

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:50:41 EDT 2009

I have just over 21,000 messages,
which is about 3.3GB out of an
allocated 7.3GB.

Leading me to ask just what mounting
does.  If I want to do a backup I presume
I have to actually make a copy to a local
directory.  i.e., I've mounted a file system
on Google's machine.

Re POP,  I'm game,  but will have to ask
you for a small word salad about how to
do it....

Re FUSE,  the man page for mount.gmailfs
does mention that the kernel must support
the FUSE file system.

But nothing more....

    -- Bob